Used procedures of beer filterability determination are mostly based on tracing of individual analytical signs influencing filterability - for example: malt modification, beta-glucon content, wort viscosity, etc. Microfilter FP with separate sluicing and with renewable porous barrier with possibility of filtering mixture choice is a new method determining beer filterability with similar conditions to beer filtration. Apparatus works with small amount of sample. Measurement is not comparing and indicates absolute values of filtering layer permeability. This method makes it possible to optimalize filter mixture composition. One can measure clogging of the layer and resistance of filter mixture with beer.
New apparatus for filterability measurement gives these possibilities:
- Clogging speed of filtering layer with beer and intermediate products.
- Beer filterability and intermediate products filterability.
- Behaviour analysis of:
1) operating filter.
2) plugging of filtering elements.
- Choice of analytic criteria for filterability prediction.
- Calibrating of infra-red spectrophotometers for beer filterability prediction.
- Check of influence beta-glucan allowance on beer for improvement of its filterability.
The automatic determination of:
- Filtering curves.
- Calculation of filtering characteristics.
- Results in units of Darcy and in units of filtering speed (f.e. hl.m-2.h-1).
- Results in specific units of filter cake constant according to -Raible?s test.
- Constant of layer clogging.
- Maximum filterable volume Vmax.
- Empirical units during filtering layer clogging.
- Reciprocal reduction of results of individual measuring methods.
- Rate of filtration - RF (according to EBC).
- Rate of filtration - RF (according to Filtrox).
- Filterability according to Raible.
- Filterability in common units of resistance used for measurement of kieselguhr passage