1 - How to quickly determine the grade of fermentation (degree of attenuation) of beer in cylindro-conical tanks?
Defoamer type OP makes possible preparation of the samples for analysis, also to quickly determine the grade of fermentation (degree of attenuation) of beer in cylindro-conical tanks. Take 100 ml sample of beer with the help of foam cock type AOV from the sample cock located on the cylindro-conical tank. Pour the sample into the defoamer and start the process of CO2 releasing. The whole process of CO2 releasing takes with our defoamer only 1 minute. After it pour beer already without CO2 into the glass test tube (which is the part of the equipment) and determine the grade of fermentation (degree of attenuation) of beer with brewing densimeter. The total time of the determination of the grade of fermentation (degree of attenuation) of 1 sample takes only 2 minutes.
2 - Can the chemical substance added into the sample of beer during defoaming influence the result of the analysis?
- The weight of the beer sample is approximately 150 gr. and the weight of the chemical substance added into the beer sample is 5 mg which means that the portion of the substance is neglectful.
- The added chemical substance has high boiling temperature which means during the sample distillation the chemical substances is not transfered into the distillate and doesn't influence the distillate qualities.
3 - What are the other uses of the defoamer?
The defoamer can be used for:
- Preparation of the sample (defoaming) for analysis.
- Preparation of the sample for determination of the sample's density.
- Fast determination of the grade of fermentation (degree of attenuation).
- Preparation of the samples with different amount of dissolved oxygen in beverage.
4 - Advantages of the defoamer in comparison with the shaker.
- Fast preparation of the sample for analysis (20-30 sec).
- Accurate determination of the conditions for CO2 releasing means decrease of exctract loss caused by influence of inaccurate analysis.
- Possibility to prepare (in very short time) hopped wort, beer or water, etc. with different content of dissolved O2 and to study the beer oxydation process or the influence of oxygen on microorganism growth.
- The following devices together (AOV+OPC+digit. densimeter Paar 035) used in cylindro conical tanks operation makes possible to control and standardize beer fermentation (the personnel has the result of analysis within 3 minutes).